Scott Wallace, President and Principal Geologist of The Wallace Group, was a panelist along with Theresa Drulard of St. Charles Health System for the Bend Chamber’s fall What’s Brewing Series hosted at Tetherow Resort in Bend. The session included current economic data and perspective from Damon Runberg, State Economist for Business Oregon, and dove into topics including what businesses can do to become more resilient through economic downturns, managing supply chain disruptions, and lessons learned for how to prepare and manage a business through inevitable recessionary cycles. Scott founded Wallace Group in 2010 following the Great Recession of 2008-09 and shared his local experience leading a professional engineering and consulting practice through three recessions over the past 25 years. Key audience takeaways included:
- Maintain relationships with a diverse client base;
- Invest in employee training and professional development;
- Disciplined and transparent financial management;
- Focus on short-term goals with long-term vision; and
- Be prepared to act and take advantage of opportunities.